Pages

Sunday, July 30, 2017

Take Drinks to Your School Maintenance Crew!


Type of Challenge
Random Act of Kindness
Challenge
For today's challenge let's tell your school maintenance crew how much you appreciate them! Take your maintenance crew some Gatorade or water. They work long hours outside and this will help them beat the heat!

Reflection
Imagine if we didn't have a maintenance crew! Who would help move furniture when a certain administrator has a whim of creativity? Who would keep our grounds beautiful and pull out the wild bushes that makes a certain administrator break out in hives?  Who would come over and turn off the water to the bathroom sink that is boiling hot and a certain administrator is burning herself trying to fix? Or who would come and build a wall between an opening of two rooms because the current APs office doesn't have air conditioning and she has to move her office? 

As you have probably figured out these are all things that have happened to me. Our maintenance crew is amazing! Gary, who is assigned to our campus is the most gracious and kind person. Anytime I have an issue or have a  crazy idea he is always there to help. It is important that we never take our maintenance crew for granted. They  work extremely hard and deal with some crazy antics from teachers and administrators. :) If we didn't have our maintenance crew I don't know what I would do. Well, I know what I would do. I would end up tearing things up trying to do it myself. Furniture would be wobbly, holes in the wall, scratches on the floor, and I would probably accidently set the building on fire.  The maintenance crews definitely makes our lives easier. :)






No comments