Pages

Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Plan Something NIce for Your Neighbors



Type of Challenge
Random Acts of Kindness


Challenge
For today's challenge think of something you can do for your neighbors. Bake a treat or help with yardwork. My kids and I decided to hand out popsicles at the park across the street from our house.


Reflection
Growing up we knew everyone in our neighborhood, and there were so many houses we were welcome to walk-in (almost) whenever we wanted. One of my favorite neighbors was a single woman who did not have any family. Every time my sisters and I would come over we would eat cookies, or a popsicle, during the summer months and just sit and visit with her.


As I have gotten older and life has been bombarded with chaos, I forget sometimes the need to slow down and get to know my neighbors, so that's what this challenge is about! When you do something nice for your neighbors, whether you mow their lawn, bake them a treat, or send them a note, you are able to build relationships with them.


For today's challenge think of something you can do for your neighbors. Our family decided to hand out popsicles at the park across the street from our house. When we first started handing them out many of the parents were skeptical. They didn't know why complete strangers were handing out free popsicles! Fortunately, I had two cute little boys with me who insisted they take the popsicle. We were outside for about an hour and it was a lot of fun. We made great memories as a family and were able to meet some of our neighbors. 

What is something that you can do for your neighbors? Comment below!

No comments