Pages

Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Unplug



Type of Challenge
Self Kindness

Challenge
For today's challenge completely unplug from all electronic devices for 1 hour. Spend time with your family, read your favorite book, do something you are passionate about, or do nothing at all. :)

Reflection
I am 100% guilty of not unplugging from my devices nearly enough. It is important for us to disconnect, and spend time focused on the ones we love, or taking time for ourselves for some peaceful quiet time. Completing this challengeas much harder for me than it should have been. So I decided to make this challenge an ongoing one. In the spirit of this, tonight I sat in bed with my 7 year old son and shared stories about him when he was a baby. He giggled until he hurt, as I told him all of the funny things he used to do when he was a baby. His eyes lit up when I told him how proud I was of him and how much I loved him. Before I knew it, the hour was up, he was asleep, and my heart was full. This was definitely an eye-opener on how much we are plugged into our devices and don't even realize what we may be missing. Great memories were made as a result of this challenge.

No comments