Pages

Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Write an encouraging letter to yourself

Type of Challenge
Self Kindness

Challenge
Write an encouraging letter to yourself that you will open 3 months from now. 

Reflection
Right now we are all pumped and ready for the school year to start. Classrooms are newly decorated, fresh school supplies bought, and we eagerly wait in anticipation to greet our students back to school. Fast forward 3 months...October. The changing of the seasons, the anticipation of halloween, and the honeymoon is officially over. As an assistant principal this is the time of year that I have the most office referrals. I welcome November 1 with open arms. For my letter I reminded myself of my why. I also reminded myself that I must continue to stay strong and positive and be the leader my teachers and students need me to be. I reminded myself to stay positive and that the energy I exude can directly impact the teachers and students on our campus. What encouraging words do you think you will need to read in 3 months? 

Classroom Adaption
Have your students write a letter to themselves on what their goals and dreams are. You can even have them include  how they plan on fulfilling these goals and dreams. In 3 months ( or whatever amount of time you think is appropriate) have them read their letter and ask themselves if they are still doing what it takes to fulfill these dreams. If not, this is a time to refocus and get back on track. We all need a little encouragement sometimes to keep fighting through life challenges in order to achieve our dreams. 

Do you have any other ideas on how you can use this personally or in your class? Share below! 

No comments